Snacking with SNAP!N - Pan con Tomate
Sharing one of our favourite and quickest snack recipes, the popular Spanish breakfast or tapas - Pan con Tomate.
It simply translates to 'bread with tomato'.
It is such a staple across different regions in Spain, that you'll even find it on the McDonald's breakfast menu in most cities.
Everyone does it in slightly different ways but the basics remain the same.
Here's our take on the 10min recipe:
For 1 serving
1. Two medium sized tomatoes
2. 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3. Salt (to taste)
4. Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
5. 1 clove of peeled garlic (optional)
6. 1-2 tsp SNAP!N Mixed Herbs
7. Bread of choice. Traditionally, any rustic bread is used. Today, we've used the Ciabatta from The Baker's Dozen.
- Grate the raw tomatoes in a bowl, while squeezing them slightly (using a box grater with bigger holes is ideal, but any grater will work).
- Add 2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and SNAP!N Mixed Herbs to the pulp. Mix well.
- Slice and toast bread of choice
- Pour some olive oil on the slices
- Crush and cut the garlic clove in half and rub it on the bread slice (this step is optional)
- Spread the tomato mixture on the slices. Be generous as the bread soaks in some of the juice and flavour.
- Sprinkle some more SNAP!N Mixed Herbs, if you like
- Serve and eat immediately!
There you have it, a 10-min juicy and flavourful breakfast/snack.