Prep Time: 10 Mins.
Cooking time: 20 Mins.
- 4 Corn on the cob (choose tender ears of corn)
- Oil for deep frying
- For the Piri Piri Sauce:
- 2 tbsp - SNAP!N Piri Piri Mix
- 2 tbsp - Tamarind Paste
- 4 tbsp - Honey
- 2 tbsp - Refined Oil
- 1/3 cup - Water
- Salt for seasoning (if required)
- Peel, de-husk and cut the ears of corn lengthwise into two equal halves. If the core is tough, use a heavy rolling pin to tap the knife and cut through it.
- Using the same technique, cut the corn halves into longitudinal quarters.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the wedges of corn. Fry in batches to avoid overcrowding the wok in order to maintain optimum frying temperature.
- The corn ‘ribs’ will curl up as they fry. Once golden, remove onto an absorbent kitchen towel and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok.
- Add the tamarind paste followed by the honey and stir to mix.
- Add the SNAP!N Piri Piri Mix and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Add the water and cook the sauce till it is reduced and thickens to a coating consistency.
- Check for seasoning and add salt if required.
- Add the fried corn ‘ribs’ and toss gently to coat each piece with the Piri Piri glaze.
- Serve the Piri Piri Corn Ribs piping hot.