Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cool dough in the fridge, overnight
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 250g (2 cups) semolina (rava)
- 250g (2 cups) sugar
- 50g (1/2 cup) water
- 100g (1 cup) fresh, finely grated coconut
- 5g (1 tsp) ghee
- 3 egg yolks
- 30g (3 tbsp) all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2g (1/4th tsp) baking powder
- 2g (1/4th tsp) SNAP!N Cardamom powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg white
- Melt the sugar with water on a medium-low flame till it forms a thick syrup.
- Add semolina and stir well.
- Add the ghee, salt, grated coconut.
- Cool and keep in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the batter from the fridge and bring to room temperature, add the egg yolks and mix.
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, SNAP!N Cardamom powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg white till it foams up and add it to the batter. Mix and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Line the baking tray with parchment paper. Make small round balls out of the dough and flatten the top, make any design you like with a butter knife on top.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes.