Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yield: about a 50g bottle of jam
- 7-8 fresh red chillies (you can also use 2 medium-sized red bell peppers)
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 5-6 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 medium sized onion
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons of SNAP!N Chilli Flakes (depending upon your tolerance of heat)
- 5 teaspoons of SNAP!N Basil (dried tastes better when the jam is stored for longer)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (you can also use jaggery but refrain from white sugar)
- 2-3 tablespoons of any flavorless oil
- Salt to taste
- Chop red chillies, ginger, garlic & onion. Mix roughly in a blender.
- Pour oil in a non-stick pan & add the blended paste. Cook on a medium-low flame. Let the water evaporate.
- Continue cooking on the low flame & add the SNAP!N Basil and Chilli Flakes. Mix well.
- Add the fish sauce (optional), soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, salt. Keep stirring.
- Cook till the jam releases all the oil and turns a dark red color.
- The jam tastes best when cold.
- Use as a relish, on top of eggs, in wraps, sandwiches, in a stir fry or even glaze your meat and oven roast it for the best sticky goodness.