Prep Time: 5 minutes with 30minutes to 4 hours resting
Cooking time: 10 minutes per piece
Serving: 3-4 people
- ½ kg Chicken thighs, wings and drumsticks
- 250g (2 cups) of buttermilk
- 1tsp salt
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- 250g (2 cups) all purpose flour (maida)
- 50g (1/2 cup) cornflour
- 2 tsp SNAP!N Toasty Onion Flakes
- 2 tsp SNAP!N Crunchy Garlic (optional)
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Take a mixing bowl and whisk together buttermilk, salt, red chilli powder and pepper. Add in the chicken pieces. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, pour the vegetable oil in a skillet until it is about 3/4th full. Heat to 350 degrees.
- Prepare two bowls, in one bowl add the eggs and in the other prepare the breading by combining the flour, corn-starch, SNAP!N Toasty Onion Flakes, Crunchy Garlic and salt.
- Working with one piece at a time, remove chicken pieces from buttermilk mixture. Shake it gently to remove the excess. Place it in the egg bowl and then place it in the breading mix and coat thoroughly. Tap off the excess.
- Place the chicken into the 190C degree oil. Fry 3 or 4 pieces at a time. Fry each piece for 6-7 minutes while turning the chicken every 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and place on paper towels. Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.